Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Zebra Don't Change Its Stripes

First let me say that I have been a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan since the age of 9. I stuck with them through good times and bad and in the late 80s and early 90s there were some awful times. But I have to say that when Jerry Jones brought Terrell Owens to the 'Boys I said then and there that it was a bad move and my support waned just a little. If a person has problems in one place then you give them the benefit of a doubt. But this guy had problems with his quarterback in San Fran, and then in Philly. It would be different if the guys he had problems with her bums but both Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb have won more games than they have lost in their careers and are better than average QBs. In the immortal words of George W. Bush, "fool me once shame on ...shame on you, fool me..you can't get fooled again"

A lot of people gave me hell because I railed against T.O. coming to the team but look at what we have now. A certain future hall of fame coach, Bill Parcells left partially because of it. And now a team with probably the most amount of talent and potential is at risk of being torn apart by this chump. Ta Nehisi Coates over at the Atlantic put up a post yesterday about the reports coming out of ESPN chronicling the dissension in the ranks caused by T.O.'s opinion that Tony Romo favors Jason Witten on passing plays. How frikkin selfish and juvenile is that? Now I have to admit that I handed out a few "I told you sos" to my buddies but really it didn't feel good about it because this is the last thing the Cowboys need when they are fighting for a playoff spot. But I was some what comforted by reports coming out of Valley Ranch that they had a clear the air meeting and now everybody was back on the same page.

Well now word out of Dallas is that TO and Witten "had words" and almost came to blows yesterday in the locker room. This now looks like a situation where the Cowboys are going to have to choose in the offseason. Do they want Romo as their quarterback or do they want T.O. as their star receiver? Mitigating this choice might be the mid season acquisition of WR Roy Williams from Detroit. I don't necessarily think he can totally replace TO but considering the drama surrounding the team at this point I would be willing to find out. Jerry Jones has already chosen T.O. over Parcells, I hope he doesn't make the same mistake twice. But for now I will just cross my fingers that we can go and get this win against the G-Men this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!