Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'll Bet He's A Republican

Check out this story of the University of Mississippi Head Basketball Coach Andy Kennedy slapping a cab driver and then calling him bin Ladin. The killing part is Kennedy turns around and sues the cab driver for defamation because called the cops and Kennedy was arrested. The sad thing is, knowing Mississippi the way I do I am pretty sure that he won't even get a slap on the wrist. I know one thing, every parent of minority descent should think twice before sending their son to play for a man like him. From ESPN:

The criminal complaint, filed Thursday in Municipal Court after Kennedy and Mississippi basketball operations coordinator Bill Armstrong were arrested, alleged that Kennedy assaulted Jiddou and "punched victim with a closed fist while shouting racial slurs."
snip

Jiddou, a 25-year-old native of the northwest Africa country of Mauritania, told reporters that the altercation broke out after Kennedy hailed him and then asked him to pick up his friends. When four other people tried to get in, Jiddou said, he told them he couldn't take that many because he only had four seat belts.

Jiddou said Kennedy then began yelling, cussing him and calling him "bin Laden, Saddam Hussein," and hit him in the face. Police said the left side of Jiddou's face was swollen; at his northern Kentucky home more than 12 hours later, he had no apparent injuries and said he wasn't hurt physically but was upset to be compared to the terrorist leader.

"[Osama] bin Laden killed 3,000 people in this country. I never hurt no one," Jiddou said. "How can he tell me that? I'm working hard. I don't want to hear anything like that."




Quite honestly, neither do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!