Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hush Hush And Low Key

Today is my Old School Durty South rap showcase. I will be putting up classics from down south all day long when I am not posting about current events or the College Football Bowl games on today. These songs and artists might not have ever gotten buzz above the Mason Dixon, but they still get love down where I'm from. Starting us off today is straight out of my hometown of Memphis, Tela featuring 8 ball and MJG with "Sho Nuff".

Warning, really REALLY explicit lyrics



2 comments:

  1. I was a big 8 Ball & MJG fan (especially big man) back in the day (early 90s). I always wondered why they didn't blow up like Three-Six Mafia and others in terms of heavy video rotation in the late 90s...

    As much as I'd like to be partisan and push Texas rap, I think Dungeon family was by far the most interesting sound out of Dixie in the 90s. (even better chopped and screwed tho.)

    Now I'm an old-ass man, so don't listen to all this hippety-hoppety young folk music...

    Now this was the stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kHMGX7aEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still a 8 ball and MJG fan and I think three six only blew up because of having that song on Hustle and Flow. I like their music but they don't hold a candle to the fat mack and pimp tight.

    I am still pissed that the Goodie Boys broke up. Their sound was unique and lyrically they were like a southern Wu Tang Clan. It is what it is though

    Im an old ass man now too but I still enjoy listening to the old school joints and a little of the new south like TI and Rick Ross. I don't think I will ever out grow rap. At least I hope I don't

    ReplyDelete

Come Hard Or Not At All!