Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Prediction For Morning Joe

Today on with This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Mr Stephanopolous reveals that he has been briefed on the report detailing the communications between President Elect Obama's staff and disgraced Illinois Governer Rod Blagojevich's office. According to Stephanopoulos:

Sources tell me that the Obama team's review of contacts with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich will show that Rahm Emanuel had only one phone conversation with Blagojevich.

The contact, described as a "pro-forma" courtesy call, came as Emanuel was named Chief of Staff for Obama. Most of the discussion concerned Emanuel's Congressional seat (which had previously been held by Blagojevich), with only a "passing reference" to the Senate vacancy, according to these sources. No deal for the Senate vacancy was discussed


snip


Sources also confirm that Emanuel made the case for picking Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett during at least one of the conversations. In the course of that conversation, Harris asked if in return for picking Jarrett, "all we get is appreciation, right?" "Right," Emanuel responded.



Now I am sure that the case could be made that perhaps Obama's staff cooked the books on the list of contacts. Short of having access to the actual wiretaps that is a plausible point. But my bet is Joe Scarborough and his cohorts on Morning Joe won't even look for a plausible course of thought. No my bet is instead of this information exhonerating Rahm Emanuel, they will paint this as actually being an indictment of Rahm Emanuel. And then a guest, perhaps Pat Buchanan will say what a cloud this puts of Obama's incoming administration and how Rahm needs to come out and explain why he didn't do anything wrong.

When it happens tomorrow remember you heard it here first folks.

(h/t Coates and huffpo)

4 comments:

  1. What's worse is that even if Blago himself said "Rahm's not involved" Joe would still say he never claimed Rahm was involved. I remember when you needed to back up what you said about people on tv. Joe has absolutely no shame, Mika has no ability to shut him up, and the Joe + Pat + Peggy combo is worse than that time they tried to combine soda and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Scarborough is ever wrong in black and white terms he just never brings the subject up again and moves on. I don't really even trip on Buchanan and Noonan any more. I mean you know going in what you are getting with those clowns. Its the Harold Ford Jrs and the Eugene Robinsons and Johnathan Capehards who piss me off because they are supposed to be the "liberals" and theya are about as effective as Alan Colmes. Hell sometimes they are worse especially Ford Jr. I wish I could just call in some time and point out that Ford Jr's whole family is corrupt and his Uncle is in jail RIGHT NOW for pay to play from two different and totally separate investigations which he never ever never answered questions about.

    Mika is just a joke and its a wonder that they even keep her on air. She couldn't even get a job on FoxNews I don't think. She is spineless as hell and just as clueless as you can be without having blond roots. It tickled me so bad when she would try to call any comment about Sarah Palin sexist when each and every day she lets Scarborough treat her like a bimbo.

    I will definitely be tuning in tomorrow to see just how stupid they get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only saw a little this morning, but what I saw was the usual. Joe telling people things they already know, Mika sighing loudly (she has become the queen of passive-aggressive tv hosting), and Pat pretending to be unbiased.

    I agree about Eugene, Jonathan and Harold. Part of me thinks that because there are so few black men on morning tv, Jon Harold and Eugene are trying not to mess up an opportunity to be seen. But someone has to stand up and say "No Joe, you're wrong." And I absolutely despise Joe's "I'm an everyman" speeches that he thinks are above reproach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you rarely have somebody tell Scarborough he is wrong on that show and thats amazing to me. Hell he is usually wrong about EVERYTHING. But they give him the echo chamber treatment I guess just to make sure they can keep coming back. There is this one black guy who will tell he is wrong and he was on today but I can't recall his name. But even with him its never forceful. It was nice to see Axlerod come on last week and correct Scarborough especially when he was trying to come off like he was a serious journalist asking hard questions.

    I didn't catch but a couple of segments this morning either but I did see them still banging the Blago drum and something about the financial bailout. Its funny to me how people keep saying the money was given with no strings attached. The truth is the string are there they just aren't being used to over see the bailout process. Now it could have and should have been tougher but Paulson lied from the get go about what he was going to do with the money and Bush weakened some of the over sight proposals in the bill.

    I don't even know why I watch Morning Joe but the only real alternative is Fox and Friends and that just aint gonna happen. I can take Mika a helluva lot more than Megan Carlson. But its like a train wreck for me, I spend 90 percent of the time watching the show cussing at my Tee Vee like a crazy person and the other but I just can't stop coming back. I am hoping that at some point CNN cobbles together soembody who is more interesting than a cardboard box to actually compete with Morning Joe and give me another option.

    ReplyDelete

Come Hard Or Not At All!