Monday, December 22, 2008

Back On The Rampage

Over at UFC.com they have an interview/story up with Quentin "Rampage" Jackson about his problems from earlier this summer and his upcoming third fight with Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva this Saturday. Its a pretty good piece and worth the read. An excerpt:

Some have questioned whether a third fight against a man who stopped him twice is what Jackson needs coming off a loss. But Jackson isn’t like other fighters, and when presented with the fight, there was no hesitation – not only was this a chance to get back in the win column, it was a chance to do it against a heated rival in “The Axe Murderer.” So forget Jackson having any thoughts about Silva simply having his number.

“I’ve never been the type of guy to run away from fights,” said Jackson. “I don’t pick and choose my opponents like some fighters. I don’t think Silva has my number; I changed my number a long time ago. I got a new phone homey. (Laughs) He beat me when I was young. I think Silva used to be one of the luckiest fighters on the planet, and his luck ran out. I think I did make a lot of excuses for those losses that I had with him, but I know why I lost, and I know why I’m gonna win this time.”

So what does Jackson see in Silva – who is fresh from a big first round knockout of Keith Jardine in May - that makes him say that?“I see a guy who’s gonna get his ass whupped,” said Jackson without missing a beat. “That’s what I see."


Rampage also speaks on his breakup with manager/trainer Juanito Iberra, his new "Wolfslair" team in the UK, as well as his feelings after losing his title to Forrest Griffin in July. All in all it sounds to me like he has his head back on straight and has made some positive changes in his life which leads me to believe that Saturday night's bout will be an explosive and successful one for him once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!