Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Et Tu Rev. Lowery? Oh Noes

So I was just watching 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on MSNBC and as I said earlier I am fast becoming a fan. Well tonight David Shuster had on Reverend Joseph Lowery who will be giving the benediction for the inauguration to answer questions about Rev. Rick Warren being on the same program giving the invocation. But a strange thing happened on the way to the Ball. You see Rev. Lowery, who has in fact been a long time crusader for civil rights of all peoples, corrected David Shuster when he said that Rev. Lowery supports gay marriage. Rev. Lowery in his own words says that he has never said that he endorses gay marriage but he does endorse civil unions. Now I DARE John Cloud or any of his homeboys to call Rev. Lowery a bigot as they did President Elect Barack Obama. Nay I DOUBLE DARE you. I would say this puts the issue of whether people who support civil unions are bigots or not to bed forever. Period. End of discussion.

Que the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!