Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gotta Take The Good With The Bad

I have been swimming upstream against the tide of liberal/progressive outrage about the potential for a Chris Matthews run for the Senate in Pennsylvania. The truth is the guy frustrates the hell out me on a regular basis with some of the stuff he lets people get by with saying on his show. He also isn't above trashing the Clintons and creating phony controversies for kicks and giggles. But I tolerate Tweety because maybe once or twice a week he pulls off something like this. Now whenever someone can find another talking head that consistently PWNS lying ass conservatives on a major cable network I am going continue to ride with Tweety. I might not vote for him if I lived in Pennsylvania and if he chose to run, but I don't and so far he hasn't so its a none issue for me. To me its a dog whistle for the left like the "fairness doctrine" is a dog whistle for the right. But regardless of that, if he keeps on putting in this kinda work, I will keep on being a fan of his.

Go Tweety Go!



(h/t thinkprogress)

3 comments:

  1. Not as good as when Tweety told that radio talk show guy (I forget his name) that he didn't know what he was talking about, but still pretty good.

    Tweety definitely earns his keep when he browbeats these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I don't know if it's just my computer but it's astonishingly difficult to get a comment posted on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats up Cliff

    Yeah the guy was Kevin James and Tweety was just masterful in not letting the guy off the hook for not knowing why people use the word appeasement when talking about Churchill. Its actually in one of the links above in the "lying ass conservatives" phrase.

    Personally I wonder how he keeps getting hapless hacks to go on his show when they have to know he is going to eviscerate them. The interaction with the Gaffney was great to me because it was the first time I saw one of the NeoCon fraternity have their ass handed to them on a nationwide broadcast.

    As for the posting, I have noticed too that sometimes it goes through fine and sometimes it doesn't. I guess it might just be a quirk of blogspot but I will check into it.

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete

Come Hard Or Not At All!