Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Help.... I Can't Breathe!

So I am going through my email a few minutes ago and I see that I have something from GiveEmHellHarry.com. I almost sent it to spam but then I remembered that right after Harry Reid showed his lack of courage or backbone by allowing Joe Lieberman to keep gavel at the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, I happened to be commenting at Swampland when frequent commenter cincinattus posted the link to that website. Turns out its a site that helps raise money for Harry Reid and they had a blog where you could send a message. And boy DID I! So I was pretty interested to see what this email was all about. Then looking at the subject line I let out a snicker.

Going on the Offense


I had to look one more time to make sure that this was really from the Harry Reid website.

So I read the email and now I can't stop laughing. Thank goodness for spell check because I am having a helluva time trying to type whilst fighting for air. I mean nothing in the email resembles anything Harry Reid has done in recent history. Going on the offense? Dude, how about just showing up for the game for once. Anyway I decided to share so enjoy.


Dear XXXXX,

If last week demonstrates anything, it is that Republicans are more interested in settling scores than solving problems. They will try and use the 41 members of their caucus to obstruct Barack Obama's agenda.

And I am their number one target. In 2002, Republicans spent tens of millions of dollars attacking Tom Daschle and succeeded in removing him from the Senate. I will not let them do it again.

On December 31st my campaign will report its fundraising totals to the FEC. Republicans and the media, both in Washington and Nevada, will use this number to gauge the strength of my campaign.

This is why, for the first time ever, I am asking the GiveEmHellHarry.com community to join together and raise $50,000 by midnight on December 31.
Make a Contribution to Friends For Harry Reid before the FEC fundraising deadline on December 31st.

If Republicans think I am scared of their challenge, they don't know the fight they are in for. I pledge to you, no attack will go unanswered and no smear will go unchallenged. But playing defense is not enough.

In this campaign, I plan on contrasting our values as Democrats versus theirs as Republicans. In the end, the choice will be clear.

But right now I need your help to make a strong showing before the FEC fundraising deadline on December 31st.
Make a Contribution to Friends For Harry Reid before the FEC fundraising deadline on December 31st.

Since 2005, every time I've asked, this community has come through for me. I know this time will be no different.

Thank you for everything you have done and will do.

Sincerely,

Harry Reid


Check out the first part of the email. He isn't pissed about the Republicans blocking the auto bailout. He is pissed because they are coming after his ass.

If only we could get him to fight as hard for our interests as he seems to be willing to fight to stay in the Senate, we might actually get some things done in Congress for a change.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to see a movement for a no-confidence vote on Harry's azz.

    There was a fascinating thread over at 538 on the Reid issue and a Repub operative, actually Repub staffer was posting about the intricacies of getting legislation through Senate. Actually absolving Reid of his ineffectiveness. He made a good case, but I think someone else could do better. But it might be that he needs a more effective spox than Jim Manley, I dunno. The guy makes like 130 grand a year and is totally totally ineffective.

    FiveThirtyEight.com: Politics Done Right: On Making Mitch McConnell Wet His Pants

    ReplyDelete
  2. That white font on black is hard on the eyes, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by James in LA

    I know that the white on black is rough. I am still playing with it but I wanted to do something a little different.

    As for Reid procedurally yes he is hamstrung a little, but that is why you use the bully pulpit. You get out in front of cameras and microphones and point the finger at the Rethugs for caring more about their agenda than the good of the country. If he would have said on camera what he said in that email about the Republicans having their own agenda I would be 100 percent behind him. But the fact that he gave the whole "woe is us" approach after Corker fucked up the negotiations pissed me off but then to see him praise Corker afterwards put me in a rage.

    Fuck Harry Reid, his ass has got to go!

    ReplyDelete

Come Hard Or Not At All!