Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yes, War Crimes Bitches!

I love reading Spencer Ackerman's stuff because he is so insightful about national security issues AND he keeps it real on the regular. So I was over at his site earlier today when I saw this post. Now the McClatchy article he links to does in fact go through the case for a war crimes prosecution for the Bush Administration officials but the most enjoyable part of the post was his reaction to it.

Truth to power, motherfucker! Is this clear enough for you? It'll never stop amazing me that as a journalist you can throw your thumb on the scale of your story for a political candidate in a substance-free manner but it's not OK to say that people who asserted that the constitution allows for the president to torture those he so chooses are war criminals. Marisa Taylor, you will never pay for a drink as long as I am at the same bar.


Thats the way I would have worded my reaction to the piece if I had the kind of knowledge of the topic that he does. Thats why I check his site out daily and probably why you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!