Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Congratulations Corker!


Senator Bob Corker did it yall. He actually pulled it off. By torpedoing the auto bailout negotiations he has finally started the dominoes a tumbling. News comes from the New York Times that Chrysler will now shutter ALL of its plants for at least a month starting next week. Thats 46,000 blue collar American workers who are going to have to go a month without pay. I wonder what that will do to their ability to pay their mortgages since it has been pointed out many many times that the nexus of the financial crisis is the foreclosure crisis. Wait what am I thinking, who cares about all that? I mean as Andrew Sullivan so aptly put it, if they lose their houses that just proves they were either "greedy" or "stupid" and if they and their families get thrown out in the streets then obviously its because they deserve it. So take a bow Senator Corker, you have fucked up the American dream for 46,000 families just in time for Christmas! You must be so proud.


Asshole.

3 comments:

  1. It's so easy for people with nice stable jobs like Corker & Sullivan to play with people's lives. This is one of THE biggest problems I have with "conservatives"; it's all free market WOOT! but they mofos never seem to think that there are real folks' lives being affected by their nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My initial reaction was, "Oh shit!"

    But I thought about it for a bit, and I think this is a move by the car companies to goad the government into a bailout. I think they're going, "Fine, assholes, we'll just take our 40,000 jobs and go home."

    Also, I saw this breaking on Anderson Cooper at the gym. On the television next to it, Bill O'Reilly was bitching about how the secular progressives are ruining Christmas.
    This dichotomy was strangely delicious to me.

    (Good blog, by the way, where do you find the time to write all of this?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it were true that this was just a ploy but I just really don't think it is. I think its the reality of the situation finally coming to light and Chrysler just can't afford to reopen the plants after Christmas at least for awhile. If you look at the article I think GM is also going to shutter some of its plants for a little longer than usual and even the foreign companies while not shutting the plants down are cutting production way back.

    As for the blog, honestly I just take the time I would usually use in leaving comments to working on it. It was kind of intimidating at first but then once I started I was like a kid in a candy store.

    ReplyDelete

Come Hard Or Not At All!