Sunday, January 4, 2009

Time To Strap It Up

With the playoffs starting tomorrow its time to make my picks for the weekend. First lets look at the match-ups.

Saturday

Falcons vs Cardinals

Colts vs Chargers


Sunday

Ravens vs Dolphins

Eagles vs Vikings



I will be posting my picks around midnight. Don't forget to go to the New York Times sight and log your picks for the playoffs.

Update: My picks are as follows

Cardinals: Too much offensive fire power and they are way over due

Colts: Hottest team and QB in the NFL and they won't cool off tomorrow X

Dolphins: I think home field advantage will be huge in success starved South Florida and Flacco finally looks like a rookie X

Vikings: Andy Reid reverts to his pass happy true self and the Vikings D Line gets after McNabb but good. X

Update II: One down. Anquan Boldin going down stopped the Cardinals from blowing Atlanta out in my opinion but a win is a win and their defense showed up big time. And of course with two ints Ryan came back down to earth.They don't call them rookies for nothing.

Updates III: All I can say is WOW about the Colts/Chargers game. The refs were way to big of a factor in overtime. I doubt if anybody in that crew will ever work a playoff game again in life. Holding on a Defensive Lineman? Like I said, WOW.

Having said that, the Colts gave them that chance by allowing the Chargers to move the ball at will at the end of regulation and getting the field goal to tie it up. Gotta give big ups to the punter for the Chargers as well. Ole boy made sure they won the field position game and set the Charger up Defensively to hold Peyton down. I still say Peyton should have gone hurry up a lot more than he did. The one time he tried it he caught them and got a long TD pass. The longer he waited the more the Chargers were able to move around and confuse his linemen.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day! In the meantime congratulations go out to the Chargers and all of their fans.


Update IV: Hot Damn that was an awesome display of defense by the Ravens. I swear I damn near got wood more than once! I will happily concede defeat on this prediction because that performance was more than worth the price of admission. And it wasn't because the Dolphins folded. Hell I don't think any offense could have moved the ball against the Ravens team that played today. And next week is going to get ignant when they face the Titans. I spoke a week or two ago about hoping that match up happened because I still have visions of that game some years back when Ray Lewis blasted Eddie George, took the ball from him and took it to the house. Eddie George was never the same after that IMHO. Lendale White better eat his Wheaties!!!

Final Update: I don't know who got their ass kicked worse this weekend, the Dolphins or me with my picks. I really have no excuse for it so I won't go there. It still was a very exciting week of football and there are going to be some hellafied matchups next week. As I mentioned before, the Titans/Ravens game would be enough to fill a weekend but ad to that the Chargers/Steelers which is shure to be smash mouth also, Giants/Eagles ditto, and the Panthers/Cardinals with their contrast in styles. Good times Good times.

2 comments:

  1. I see your lack of football knowledge doesn't extend to the pros, evidenced by your picking of the my Vikings.

    Nice blog too!

    k1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peterson is a beast. He can change a game with one move.

    ReplyDelete

Come Hard Or Not At All!