Monday, January 12, 2009

Now Thats Gangsta!


I am damn near speechless right now. I just caught the AP report that basically Ehud Olmert is bragging that he bitch slapped President Bush and made him call Condeleezza Rice and tell her not to vote for the ceasefire resolution at the UN Security Council. He even went so far as to basically mock Dr. Rice for having egg on her face after she worked on the resolution then wasn't even to vote for it. Is THAT what our leaders on both side of the aisle mean by standing with Israel because I swear I must have missed that damn memo. I wonder how proud this makes the Orwellian dissent-stifling xenophobes* on the right who are puffing out their chests over Israel's war crimes in Gaza. I know you think I am just bullshitting so let me quote from the story.


The UN Security Council passed a resolution last Thursday calling for an immediate ceasefire in the three-week-old conflict in the Gaza Strip and an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza where hundreds have been killed.

Fourteen of the council's 15 members voted in favour of the resolution, which was later rejected by both Israel and Hamas.

The United States, Israel's main ally, had initially been expected to voted in line with the other 14 but Rice later became the sole abstention.

"In the night between Thursday and Friday, when the secretary of state wanted to lead the vote on a ceasefire at the Security Council, we did not want her to vote in favour," Olmert said.
"I said 'get me President Bush on the phone'. They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in Philadelphia. I said I didn't care. 'I need to talk to him now'. He got off the podium and spoke to me.

"I told him the United States could not vote in favour. It cannot vote in favour of such a resolution. He immediately called the secretary of state and told her not to vote in favour."


snip


"She was left shamed. A resolution that she prepared and arranged, and in the end she did not vote in favour," Olmert said in a speech in the southern town of Ashkelon.



You know I remember during the campaign the WingNuts were saying Obama was going to turn the country over to foreigners, who knew President Bush had already given it up to Israel?


BURNNNNNNNNNNNN

*insult generated by this link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!