Saturday, January 17, 2009

Like Nostradamus

Over at FireDogLake emptywheel has a post up about the Bush Department of Justice's decision not to prosecute White House Chief of Staff Andy Card's cousin for acting as an agent of Iraq before we started the war. Now I kinda figured that this post was just another in a long line exposing the cronyism inherent with President Bush's administration. But as I usually do I ended up clicking through the links and I ended up reading the letter that Card's cousin, Susan Lindauer, wrote to Card and Secretary of State Colin Powell that got her in trouble in the first place. Emptywheel's post in and of itself is an interesting read and you should definitely check it out, but I think what Lindauer writes in the letter about the prospects of negotiating with Saddam to avoid the war as well as her predicitions about what would happen in the aftermath is a must read. I wish I could excerpt it here but its not set up in that kind of format as it was scanned into a pdf instead of being typed in. For that reason I am asking that you click the link and read her letter. I think you will thank emptywheel for providing this info if you hadn't already heard about it like I hadn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!