Friday, January 9, 2009

My Two Heros Of Today

This morning I made the unfortunate choice to watch the House of Representative debate the passing of a resolution declaring that the U.S. stands with Israel in this current conflict and condemns the actions of Hamas. It wasn't so much the resolution that got me, but the bullshit justifications brought forth by Congressmen and women from both sides of the aisle over and over and over again. I had to hear about everybody's trip to Sderot in Israel and how they had to run for cover. Not a one of these ass hats gave any indication that they had ever made it across the border to see the inhumane conditions in the Gaza Strip created by the blockade of the border crossing by Israel. It was a totally fucking disgusting portrayal of a fraud on the American people and every single Democrat that stood up for that resolution today repulsed me and seriously have me rethinking my support of our party.

Well two people stood out today and spoke truth to power on the record on the floor of the House of Representatives. Congressman Dennis Kucinich and Congressman Ron Paul both got up and spoke truth to power and for that I am acknowledging their political courage in doing so. Even though I don't agree with either one of them on every single issue I want to share what they had to say today so everyone can see what real courage looks like.

Dennis Kucinich




Ron Paul




P.S. Rep Keith Ellison was admittedly in a tight spot being the only muslim serving in Congress but the fact that he chose to vote present instead of no was truly dissappointing.

1 comment:

  1. Dude's my congressman and while the district supports (read couldn't care less) about his religion, he would only set himself up for a 2010 exit had he echoed Kucinich or Paul.

    To be sure, HE could have cared less and taken, what some would have viewed as a principled stand, but we both know most politicians don't put principles above elections.

    k1

    ReplyDelete

Come Hard Or Not At All!