Thursday, March 12, 2009

In Cahoots

Remember my earlier post about Bill Sammon's story trying to draw a false equivalence between Rush Limbaugh and James Carville? Well MediaMatters has the transcript of Limbaugh's show and I want to excerpt just a bit of it.

LIMBAUGH: OK, it's finally been posted. I've been waiting for this. When I got in here to our broadcast complex this morning, there was an email here from Bill Sammon at Fox News. You know, he's the, he's the D.C. bureau chief there, and he said, Rush, I'm working on a piece here, I hope to have it ready by the time your show starts, and here it is. And I read this, and I just smiled. Mouth fell open a little bit, and I just smiled. And then Bill Sammon asked me for any input, would you like to reply to what I learned, so I sent him a note back. And the story has been posted at FoxNews.com, it's also linked, by the way, at the Drudge Report.


So Bill Sammon tried to time out his article so that it would be ready for Rush Limbaugh to read it on air. Man if there is anybody out there who still thinks that FoxNews is "fair and balanced" I don't see how you can do so after Limbaugh himself revealed that Sammon was basically colluding with him to smear James Carville. I swear man I would really love to meet the millions of people who watch FoxNews every night. Its just hard for me to believe that they really are convinced that they are getting the real story. They aren't even trying anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!