Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Don't Let The Door Hit You

So the New York Times has published aa an op-ed a letter of resignation sent to the CEO of AIG Edward Liddy from an executive in the AIG Financial Products section by the name of Jake DeSantis. I guess it was published in order for make all of us feel bad for calling the members of that division of AIG bad names and because the House of Representative passed a bill taxing the retention bonuses that the employees in that division recieved recently.

Personally I hope MORE of these assholes quit. AIG has been at the center of our finacial collapse and in particular the AIGFP unit has acted recklessly and unethically all in the name of greed and put our entire financial system in peril of collapsing. Resigning is the least this clown could do but what I really hope is that eventually he and all of his collegues are prosecuted for the fraud they perpetrated on the world. Let me excerpt the really relevant part of the pile of bullshit contained in his resignation letter.


You’ve now asked the current employees of A.I.G.-F.P. to repay these earnings. As you can imagine, there has been a tremendous amount of serious thought and heated discussion about how we should respond to this breach of trust.

As most of us have done nothing wrong, guilt is not a motivation to surrender our earnings. We have worked 12 long months under these contracts and now deserve to be paid as promised. None of us should be cheated of our payments any more than a plumber should be cheated after he has fixed the pipes but a careless electrician causes a fire that burns down the house.

Many of the employees have, in the past six months, turned down job offers from more stable employers, based on A.I.G.’s assurances that the contracts would be honored. They are now angry about having been misled by A.I.G.’s promises and are not inclined to return the money as a favor to you.

The only real motivation that anyone at A.I.G.-F.P. now has is fear. Mr. Cuomo has threatened to “name and shame,” and his counterpart in Connecticut, Richard Blumenthal, has made similar threats — even though attorneys general are supposed to stand for due process, to conduct trials in courts and not the press.

So what am I to do? There’s no easy answer. I know that because of hard work I have benefited more than most during the economic boom and have saved enough that my family is unlikely to suffer devastating losses during the current bust. Some might argue that members of my profession have been overpaid, and I wouldn’t disagree.

That is why I have decided to donate 100 percent of the effective after-tax proceeds of my retention payment directly to organizations that are helping people who are suffering from the global downturn. This is not a tax-deduction gimmick; I simply believe that I at least deserve to dictate how my earnings are spent, and do not want to see them disappear back into the obscurity of A.I.G.’s or the federal government’s budget. Our earnings have caused such a distraction for so many from the more pressing issues our country faces, and I would like to see my share of it benefit those truly in need.

On March 16 I received a payment from A.I.G. amounting to $742,006.40, after taxes. In light of the uncertainty over the ultimate taxation and legal status of this payment, the actual amount I donate may be less — in fact, it may end up being far less if the recent House bill raising the tax on the retention payments to 90 percent stands. Once all the money is donated, you will immediately receive a list of all recipients.


This muthafucka complains about the fact that employees of the company didn't take jobs with other more stable companies to stay with AIG without any hint of self awareness that HE AND HIS CRONIES ARE THE ONES WHO MADE AIG UNSTABLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Are we REALLY supposed to feel bad for this douchebag when he just got a bonus of damn near a million dollars working for a company that took over $150 billion dollars in taxpayer money? Is that REALLY how he thought it would go down? Well allow me to express my sentiments after reading this letter.

FUCK YOU JAKE DESANTIS AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!!

Nobody is buying your "I was going to give it to charity" bullshit. Right now AIG is the biggest frikkin charity in this country. If you are so concerned about people who are struggling then give the damn money back to the company so those people won't have to contribute quite as much to a company that you and your buddies helped to cripple. You say you earned a bonus, well I woud say that its more likely you earned a jail cell and a visit from Bubba. Man I hope that some of these fools get brought back down to earth so they can see what its like to live like a "normal" person. You won't find many tears shed over your resignation Mr. Desantis, in point of fact that sound you might be hearing faintly in the distance is more likely to be cheers. Good luck trying to find a job when nobody wants to touch your toxic ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!