Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ever Notice???

I realize I have been bashing the professional left a lot lately.

Aaaaaaaaand I'm not about to stop.

Here's the thing, right now the professional left is the biggest hurdle to GOTV efforts for Democrats in the midterms in my opinion. Its one thing to have Republicans bashing Democrats, hell that's to be expected. But when rank and file Democrats and independents see a handful of progressives who happen to have a big megaphone bashing Democrats it give the GOP attacks more legitimacy. At the very least it gives people the impression it doesn't matter who they vote for because we still won't get the kind of government we need.

And that's bullshit.

And that's what fuels apathy towards Democrats.

I'm not having it.

But here's the thing that trips me out. If you go hard at one of these professional lefties about how they are making it MORE likely that we have a Republican Congress many times they will come back at you and say they either aren't Democrats or that its not their job to promote Democrats. Hell some will even play dumb as if what they say doesn't matter even if it's said on cable news and posted all over the blogosphere.

But then let President Obama or somebody in his administration say or do something these folks don't like. All of a sudden they become the voice or the "conscious" of the base of the.....Democratic Party.

Look, you can't have it both ways. Either you are in or you're out. If you're not a Democrat, that's fine. Kick fucking rocks. If you are a Democrat then get on the got damn train and lets ride. But this fence sitting bullshit is cowardly.

I'm a blogger with a few people who read my blog. I do this mostly for fun and to vent. I consider myself a progressive but I can tell you unequivocally that Jane Hamsher, Cenk Uyger, and Glenn Greenwald do NOT speak for me. And I have been a reliable Democratic vote since I was old enough to exercise the right. So yes I consider myself a part of the base of the party and I'll be damned if people who won't even identify themselves as Democrats will get away with allowing Congress to go back to those blood sucking assholes on the other side of the aisle.

Now maybe we need a reminder as to who the "professional left" really is.

If you refuse to give President Obama credit for any of his accomplishments, if you do not balance your criticism of the stimulus as being too small with the reality that it still helped to stave off a depression, if at the end of the health care reform fight you didn't want the bill to pass, if you complain that the financial regulatory reform bill was a "give away" to Wall Street, if you make broad generalizations like "President Obama has been terrible on gay rights" even though he has already initiated some reforms and is moving to repeal DADT, if you don't think the fact that we are down to 50k troops in Iraq deserves praise, if in any context you have said Obama is just like or worse than Bush, if you have encouraged Democrats to stay at home this November, and last but not least if you have ever teamed up with scumbags on the right like the good folks at the Club For Grow then you my friend are a part of the professional left and need to reevaluate your life.

If you instead have legitimate beefs with the Obama administration and our Democratic led Congress but are still committed to making sure that we stay in control so that we can continue to get the country back on course, then you my friend are a part of the base and I welcome you with open arms.

Its time out for this Mickey Mouse bullshit. Lives are going to be severely effected if Democrats lose Congress next month. All these professional left folks will still have their cable gigs and blogs etc, but regular folks will be hurting big time. I'm not about to sit here and watch this shit unfold without saying something about it. We need every Democrat that is possibly able to vote in these mid term elections I will do every thing I can to motivate them to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!