Monday, February 9, 2009

Filibuster Falsehood

I confess that I have been running around with my hair on fire casting aspersions at Harry Reid for not forcing the Republicans to filibuster the American Recovery and Reinvestmetn act. I thought it would be a much better idea than watering the bill down just to get three measly Republican votes. There was only one problem with that. It turns out that even with a filibuster we still would have needed 60 votes because of a point of order related to bills that affect deficit spending. Now honestly I would have thought this would have been presented in some story in the MSM about the stimulus bill. But lo and behold it took Kagro X over at his CongressMatters spot to break down why a filibuster really wouldn't have done any good. So for the rest of you out there, yes Harry Reid is still WEAKSAUCE, but on this particular issue he gets a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!