Thursday, October 15, 2009

State Senator Ted Deutch Is In

The following statement was released by Florida State Senator Ted Deutch announcing his candidacy for the US House of Representatives seat being vacated by Robert Wexler.

“It is with great excitement and humility that I announce my candidacy for Congress in Florida’s 19th Congressional District.

“This is a time of extraordinary challenges both at home and abroad. The economy is in crisis, with rising unemployment and skyrocketing foreclosures putting tremendous pressure on our families and seniors. Global concerns are at the forefront with U.S. troops on the ground in Afghanistan and Iraq, the threat of terrorism, Iran’s nuclear ambitions, and Israel’s essential need for security.

“Much like we face today, my father also lived in a time of extraordinary challenges. As a teenager, my father volunteered for World War II where he bravely fought at the Battle of the Bulge and won a purple heart. My father was the most patriotic man I ever met. He and my mother taught me when your nation faces challenges, you step up and you serve. It is for this reason that I am running for Congress - to continue this legacy of service and to give back to my community.

“I am running for Congress because I want to work hard every day to help solve the difficult challenges that the citizens of South Florida are currently facing. I will bring to Congress the same strong work ethic and common sense that I brought to Tallahassee. I am proud of the results that I have delivered in the Florida State Senate on education and seniors, health care, and through my successful efforts to ensure that the retirement funds of Florida’s workers do not support development of a nuclear weapons program in Iran or aid genocide in Darfur.

“My leadership and proven success as a State Senator is based on simple hard work and remembering that the people always come first. This is the same commitment that I will bring to Congress.”


Here is his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!