Sunday, August 30, 2009

Teddy "Politicizes" His Own Funeral

Just in case the wingnuts were successful in cowing the Deomcrats into not speaking up for health care reform during his memorial, Senator Ted Kennedy made sure prior to his death that the message would come anyway.



Those are the issues that have motivated me and have been the focus of my work as a United States Senator. I also want you to know that even though I am ill, I am committed to do everything that I can to achieve access to health care for everyone in my country.

This has been the political cause of my life. I believe in a conscience protection for Catholics in the health field, and I'll continue to advocate for it, as my colleagues in the Senate and I work to develop an overall national health policy that guarantees health care for everyone.


The "Liberal Lion of the Senate" let out one last powerful roar and let his last wishes be known. Now its time to see whether Democrats in the Senate will heed his call to action.

(h/t dailykos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!