Saturday, July 4, 2009

Were You Not Entertained?!

Ok I went to see Transformers today with the family and honestly I thought it was a pretty good movie. It was a little too blue for the kids at times so that part was uncomfortable, but the rest of it was pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a Transformers movie or any other cartoon/comic book movie. I have never understood why some people go into those types of movies looking for some great dialogue or powerful performance in a movie of that genre. And by the way, may he rest in peace, Heath Ledger was very average in "The Dark Knight". Personally I go to a movie about Transformers looking for good fight scenes and to see shit get blown up in breathtaking fashion. If there are a couple off witty or insightful lines included then to me that's just a plus. But to put it bluntly, if you want to see an action movie go check out "Rise of the Fallen". If you are looking for drama then its probably not going to be your cup of tea. But if you go into a movie about Transformers expecting to see "The Sound of Music" then thats probably your bad.

It is what it is.

1 comment:

  1. I think much of the hooplah surrounded the two characters who were supposedly black based on their speech patterns and behaviors. I was a bit insulted; it seems that when African American culture is represented in movies and TV, it is represented through crude stereotypes. They being said, their roles were so minor, I don't think they made that much of an impression.

    But as you put it, I went in to see ish blown up, and plenty of ish got blown up. For about two hours on a Sunday afternoon, I was entertained.

    ReplyDelete

Come Hard Or Not At All!