Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Can I Haz More Attack Ads Pleez?

I fashion myself and ideas person. In particular I like checking out attack ads and trying to decipher if they are persuasive and effective or not. I will check out Republican ads as well as Democratic ads and the truth is the Republicans still have a definite edge over us when it comes to attack ads. Some of that is their willingness to play fast and loose with the facts. And some of it is that they just seem to "get it" about wht strikes a nerve with people.

Well yesterday on Greg Sargent's The Plum Line blog I made a couple of suggestions about ads that should be made. Here is one of the comments I left.

Again, easy easy easy add. Show part of one of President Obama’s speeches where he emphasizes helping the people then replay that clip then go to other Democratic leaders and their quotes about helping the american people and keep going back to DeMint’s quote and then at the end “Do you want someone reforming healthcare that is focused on you or someone who is focusing on partisan politics?” Fade to black. I am sure if I could think of that in 2 minutes that some bright Dem pol can come up with something a helluva lot better in a day or so. And it wouldn’t even cost that much to make. Hell its all right there for you.


Now to be sure I am not in any way shape or form trying to take any credit for this new DNC ad but I FOR DAMN SURE endorse it!



This web ad is everything you want. Its cheap because it just uses archived footage, no voice over or anything. Its powerful because you are using people's own voices and own quotes. And its a major contrast between what President Obama and the "good guys" are trying to do and what Rush Limbaugh, Jim DeMint and the "bad guys" are trying to do.

Seriously DNC, great frikkin job for a change.

Can we get more like this please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!