Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Am Fresh Out Of Passes

After delaying the release of the CIA's Inspector General's report on torture several times, now the Obama administration is looking to push it back yet again until August 31st. Now I don't know about you, but I have pretty much run out of plausible excuses for why they continue to kick this down the road. Right about now it seems to me that what makes most sense is that they are pushing it back so that the issue falls off of the radar and doesn't impede other parts of their agenda.

Well I am calling BULLSHIT on that. If President Obama is going to be using that "nation of laws" verbiage then he for damn sure needs to start living up to it. This is much too serious to keep playing games with it. And if accountability is going to continue to be a buzz word with his administration then at some point we are going to need to actually see some. This is weaksauce plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!