Wednesday, April 29, 2009

President Obama: Meme Killer

If you watch cable news I am sure you are now familiar with the familiar GOP talking point that President Obama is "doing too much". Well President Obama took the opportunity to swat that meme down today in his town hall meeting speech to commemorate his first 100 days.


Now, I've got to say that -- that some of the people in Washington have been surprised. They said, "Boy, he's so ambitious. He's been trying to do so much."

Now, maybe they're not accustomed to this, but there's no mystery to what we've done. The priorities that we've acted upon were the things that we said we'd do during the campaign.

(APPLAUSE)

I mean, it's not -- it's not like anybody should be surprised. The policies we proposed were plans we talking about for two years, in places like this all across the country with ordinary Americans. The changes that we've made are the changes we promised. That's what you should expect from a president.

You may not always agree with me, but if you take a look at what I said I was going to do when I was running for office and you now look at what we are in the middle of doing, we're doing what we said we'd do.


Now thats gangsta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!