Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Arlen Specter Willingly Kisses The Ring

I guess Arlen Specter fears losing his seat more than anything else in the world. First he came out against voting for cloture for EFCA which he had previously supported and then just last week he voted for John McCain's "alternative budget" which would have rescinded almost all of the stimulus spending that Specter had just voted for a little over a month ago all in an effort to burnish his conservative cred. But to bend over and kiss Rush Limbaugh's fat ass just to try to win a primary is fucking disgusting. At this point I am rooting for Pat Toomey to beat the shit out of his wishy washy ass in the primary so a Democrat can take the seat hands down in the general.


Specter: Do I like Rush Limbaugh? … Yeah, I like him […]

Stern: He’s a crackpot? He’s an enemy of the country.

Specter: (laughing) Uh, no, he’s not. He’s expressing his opinion.

Stern: Senator, wait a second. In all seriousness. He wants the president to do poorly? Listen, I never voted for Bush, but I always wanted to see him do well. I’m an American. I want my president to be successful. Who says ‘I don’t want my president to do well?’ That’s anti-American!

Specter: Well I haven’t heard Rush Limbaugh say that. But there’s a lot of talk which is provocative.


It’s puzzling that Specter hasn’t heard about Limbaugh’s statement that he hopes Obama fails. The issue has been covered by blogs and the front pages of national newspapers for months. It even earned Limbaugh a spot on the cover of Newsweek. Or perhaps Specter is learning from the others who have criticized Boss Limbaugh and have then apologized to him.


You know the best part of this sickening episode is that it turns out that Republicans might just be fed up with Rush Limbaugh anyway. Good luck with that Senator Specter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Hard Or Not At All!