Monday, May 10, 2010

Elena Kagan Is President Obama's SCOTUS Nominee

Most of the people following the nomination process to replace the retiring Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens had pegged Solicitor General Elena Kagan as the top choice almost from the start. Now some on the left, mostly the truly far left at this point, have raised objections about Kagan but I tried to be open minded about the situation and checked into every allegation and just doesn't seem to be any there, there. Obviously the Republicans will oppose her cuz at this point that's just what they do. But I can't see a serious reason to oppose her from the left. Yes, maybe there were more liberal/progressive choices that President Obama could have made but that doesn't diminish who Kagan is and what she can bring to the highest court in the land. So as for me I will be supporting the nomination wholeheartedly and I hope most of the people on the left decide to do the same.

1 comment:

Come Hard Or Not At All!